So...I'm reading updates of people on Facebook. My friend M's girlfriend commented about her 40 MILE BIKE RIDE. Seriously, I sometimes dread a 40 mile car ride. I don't think I could ride my bike 4 miles. M also started training for some snowboarding race. However, part of the race involves getting to the downhill portion...which means you have to go up...approximately 2 miles climbing up the side of a mountain WHILE CARRYING YOUR EQUIPMENT. He has started running to train for this. Started running. Like he didn't run before and just started. He's doing three mile runs, and logging running for an hour, etc. I don't like to walk on my treadmill for half an hour. I probably couldn't run for 3 minutes. The girlfriend that biked 40 miles, she runs too...I won't even go into her distances and times. Another friend is commenting about her five mile run and now her six mile run, and she enjoys it...like wants to do it...like addicted to it. She's running outside, and let me add she lives in IN...we have SNOW and ICE. I don't want to WALK on it, and she is running in it. It would take large sums of money to get me to go outside and run on snow and ice. Even if I could run, that is.
I'm reading this and realizing that I need to seriously up my workout routine. Like start one. Now.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ha ha ha....yeah, me too!!! I can run for minutes. But that is it. then the rest of the day, I must recover. And forget the snow and ice...that is just crazy!!!
Run for 3 minutes.
dang numb. lock.
I can run for an entire minute. I know this because I did it yesterday. And I did actually make it to two minutes....one time. Yea, I'm so hot.
Okay...I can jog, slowly, 1/8 of a mile. And, afterward I feel like I ran a marathon. I apparently need to work on this.
Post a Comment