Monday, March 8, 2010

I see organization in my future...

So...I just ordered a bunch of boxes from Uhaul.com. Why, you ask? Well, you can probably figure out why...but I'll say it any way, we're moving. And why are we moving? Because we bought a house! Yea!

I'm not sure that I can convey how happy about this I am. To have a house with space...and big rooms...and room for all of our stuff will make me feel so happy. Right now we look as though we should be on Ho
arders. Okay, not the gross Hoarders where they have piles of rotten food, dead animals and poop laying around...but more the Hoarders where they have stacks of stuff. Because that's how our house looks. We have a path that we can walk around all of the stuff...and that's pretty much it. It has been absolutely driving me crazy that there was so much stuff that could not be put away because there literally is no place to put it. I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked from when I moved in a year ago (yea, that will cut back on packing...) because there was no where to put the items. It was as though the house could never be clean because the stuff was still there. And, it made me not want to clean because I knew it would never achieve a truly clean appearance. But...now we will have BIG rooms and that will be solved.

At least it better be.


Did I mention that MY master bedroom closet is absolutely huge? We were standing inside of it with the realtor. Inside of the clos
et hung all of the current owners clothes...they also had an open treadmill, a big desk, an open ironing board and a ladder. And a couple more people could have walked in and we still would not have been touching each other. Huge, I tell you, huge. And, if you know me you know I heart a big closet. Although I will not be using it to hold my treadmill or desk...just clothes, shoes and bags.
(No...that isn't my closet...that closet puts my future closet to shame)

The kitchen is soooo nice. Now, I don't really cook a lot, but currently our kitchen is so tiny that it's hard for two people to stand in it. There is about 18" of free countertop space. And not because it's that cluttered, but because it's that small. That makes you not want to cook. I've been getting email recipes from Kraft.com for about a year and feeling sad because I don't feel like there's room to mess with cooking anything. Now there will be. AND there's a dishwasher. I miss a dishwasher. I will not miss piles of dirty dishes because it's Marc's job to wash them and he isn't as on top of it as a dishwasher will be. I heart a dishwasher.

There's also a coat closet. I miss a coat closet. I love coats. I have many coats, but this year I just just left all but two of them in the mess of a storage closet they were in because it was way to much of
a pain to climb across all of the junk in the "Man Space", dig around the storage tubs and drag them out. I heart a coat closet.

There's also a big porch...a big covered porch. I'm looking at pictures of outdoor sofas from Crate and Barrel that are so expensive that I would never buy them, but desiring them any way because I want to sit on that porch in a comfy chair and read a book. There's a deck in the back...I can't wait to have a patio table and chairs. And a yard with sun so that we can actually plant flowers. And shrubs. And bushes.

And...and...and...there's a garage. Let me tell y
ou, having a black car that is parked outside and living on a gravel lane is not the ideal situation. You guessed it, I heart a garage.


Even the bathrooms are big. Big enough for two people (or more) to stand in at the same time. Yippee.

But to answer the question from last time...no...we
were not shopping for a house then. The house hunt had been put on hold and just recently rekindled. We were shopping for something else...

Now, of course, that has been put on hold...but I won't complain, I'll take the space over the ring. Right now at least.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

OOOOO I LOVE LOVE LOVE ring shopping! Because jewelry is my fave thing in the whole entire world. I was half sad when we found the one. I guess it was a good thing to divorced and start over because I got to pick a new one out lol! (hey, find the silver lining....)

And YAY for the new house! It sounds awesome! You will have so much fun buying cool things...just leave the old stuff in a box and buy new!

Busy Bee Suz said...

How flippin' exciting??? A house? A closet? A bathroom??? Storage area? A dishwasher?
This sounds perfect.
I am so happy for you both...would LOVE to see some pictures too. (I am a visual person)
The wedding ring will come....I know it will, but this house sounds like perfection.
Congrats to you both!!!!! What a great start to your forever!