Friday, February 5, 2010

So...where is all of that snow?

So...I survived the meeting and it wasn't horrible. I mean, it wasn't exactly fun, but it wasn't that terrible. I think although I was sorry that I agreed to go a day early to explore the city with my friend D, it was a good thing that I did because I haven't had a girlfriend bonding experience longer than a dinner in soooo long that it was fun. I think the combination of PMS and hating to travel made the dread of this trip far worse than any other. And, I think the fact that they didn't make us so the dumb group activities where you role play helped too. I hate those.

Regardless, the fact still remains that I need a new job. Although it is not as strong of a feeling as it was last week. With the poor economy the furniture industry was hit hard, and there are not many (usually not any...unless I want to work in a residential furniture store, and I DON'T) job listings. Last week I did find one that I wasn't sure if I was qualified for but applied any way...and this week I received an email that said: "Your application was ranked among those considered most qualified for this vacancy and has been referred to the selecting official for further consideration. You will be advised when a selection decision is made." YEAH! Then I received a second email that said: "Please disregard previous e-mail. Your application was not referred to the selecting official for further consideration because you were not among the best qualified. We do appreciate your interest in this position and encourage you to continue to visit our website for information about future vacancy announcements." Boo. But I didn't think I was qualified any way so it wasn't a surprise. Well, the first email was a surprise. Not very funny, FBI.

Now I'm sort of stuck...there are some words of dread going through my own company, and I know when I am hearing dread it must be bad because as a person who works from home you NEVER hear office gossip, and I feel I better kick it up a notch before I am kicked out. The problem then becomes that there aren't any jobs listed in my field and I'm not qualified for anything else...so what does one do? I don't know. But I better figure it out, eh? Right now I am pretty successful with my cafe in Cafe World on Facebook. But that's about all I have going on.

And last but certainly not least...guess what Marc and I looked at earlier this week? Yeah!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

um. Wedding rings? Puppies? Cribs? A new car? Paint chips????
I don't know!!!!

This is the worst time to change jobs...you know that, but if you have to...the world needs more cafe's.
take care,
suz

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you left us hanging like that!!! What did you look at?!?!

As for the job thing I know the feeling all too well. I found one that I think I would love and would probably be perfect for, but I'm pretty sure I don't qualify. But I sent my resume anyway and I will bug them by phone til they at least give me an interview so I can blow their socks off and make them have to hire me!!! Well, that's what I dream anyways!

It sucks to hate your job. Keep looking!

Kristy said...

I understand the words of dread. I basically have job security but they are encouraging us if possible to take unpaid leave of absences. Who is going to take care of my case load while I take a day off to save the State money. No one... that's who. It will just pile up and make me work long hours in which they will have to give me comp or flex time... or god forbid overtime. Some times I hate social work. I too am feeling the I need a change vibe. But it isn't going to happen for a long, long time.